A song writer/singer/band music management...

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 19, 2006 at 4:29 PM
Hello there,

I am a band leader and I have similar issues with my music as well and I had been thinking about creating an application to do this.

I also have another requirement for publishing my music in my web page as well. Most of the music website scripts assumes that we are going to create an MP3 music sharing site. But, as you might know, the requirement of a song writer/singer/bandlead is totally different. I want to be able to publish multiple versions of my songs, different recordings, different mix downs etc, and ofcourse publishing the chord/score if I decide to do it.

It will be great to have some additional features for distributing scores among the band members, and somehow manage band-member schedules.

My original plan was to create a desktop client for managing song production and a web client (browser client to be exact) for publishing it as part of the band/singer's website.

I would like to hear more about your project and see if we could come up with a common strategy.

salim
Coordinator
Jan 13, 2007 at 5:50 PM
My current plan really doesn't include scores or notation - whilst I do see the need for that too, it's not something I want to tackle with this project.

However, the distribution - how to get the music out to your bandmembers - is important, and something I've been thinking about for a later addition to the Chordbook (if I ever get time to work on it as it is!).

Is the scoring and band-management something you're working on already? Perhaps a number of applications could share a common framework for distributing parts/etc. between members of a band, and we could combine efforts there...